What is the point of doing lessons in the winter months? What is the point of doing lessons at any time? What is new at The Golf Institute at Lake Presidential? How can I shoot 5 or 10 shots lower than this past year?
I would like to think that there are good answers to all these questions. People, including the very best professionals in the world, take golf lessons because they would like to get better and they accept the idea that someone knows, or might know, more about how to achieve that than themselves. Winter is a great time for lessons because you can focus on the process without needing to play the next day and post a score. It is also a good time because the end of the year provides one with an opportunity to evaluate each aspect of the game and come up with a game plan for improvement.
The Golf Institute has three golf professionals and an apprentice with collectively over 50 years of experience and the most up to date technical knowledge in the country. We share a zeal for learning and understanding the golf swing, short game and putting. We have travelled all over the country, and even outside of the States to work with the finest and most astute minds associated with the game of golf to hone our understanding, such that we can condense and simplify, and communicate that knowledge to you.
The process of improvement is not rocket science! It is identifying weaknesses, poor shot patterns, lack of or misunderstanding, or simply an absence of any idea of how to get better. It is often identifying the root cause of a problem. Perhaps it is a technical issue, maybe physical, or possibly it’s mental! Remember, golf is 90% mental, the other 10% is mental! So we’ll watch you, and formulate a plan, and then discuss with you what we think is possible, and then get to work. We are not method teachers, so we are going to take what you have, and seek immediate and permanent improvement from there, based on your timeframes and desires.
We are available for EVERY level of golfer or golfer wannabe, and will provide a lesson plan and/or format for every type of golfer and every budget. Winter is a great time for lessons becuase not only are you getting ahead of your buddies but you also are not running to the course the next day to try and post a score.
Happy New Year from the Institute Team!
Damon Lucas, Tim Brown, Parker Parsons and Justin Emmert